Sunday, June 09, 2013

Nila under Mrigasira Njattuvela !



Today I got up at 5 AM and went to Thirunavaya to do tharpanam for my mother. I had cold, a bad tooth ache and was afraid I may get the rains. It was Makiryam Njattuvela in full swing, too. It was raining slightly when I left Trichur. I did tharpanam at 09 and there were no rains fortunately. But after 80% tharpanam was over, rains began to appear,.At 95%, I got the full blast ! Then I ran for cover. It seems it has not rained well in Malappuram. Bharathapuzha had only a small amount of water. Then it rained cats and dogs today. When I reached Guruvayur, the sky was dark and it was raining heavily.


The Sun dematerialised himself.  It was a dark day and it rained throughout. No wonder the ancients said " Makeeryam mathi marannu paiyyum ". We hope the succeeding Njattuvelas will bring home the bacon, Aridra, Punarvasu and Pushya. Punartham puzha pole and Pooyam puka pole !


Yesteday was the end of the lunar month of Vaishakha and the Vaishakha New Moon day. Hence there was big rush in Thirunavaya !

No comments: